Bethlem & Maudsley Hospital School
Bethlem Hospital site: Monks Orchard Road, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3BX
Maudsley Hospital site: 1st floor, Mapother House, Maudsley Hospital, De Crespigny Park, Camberwell, SE5 8AZ
Tel: 020 8777 1897
Headteacher: Dr. John Ivens
Chair of Governors: Mickey Kelly
The Bethlem and Maudsley Hospital School is one of only two state psychiatric hospital schools in England. The school is made up of 5 different departments split across two sites. It provides educational support and personalised learning for children and young people aged 4 to 18 who are patients of the Bethlem or the Maudsley Psychiatric Hospital. Twice judged Outstanding by Ofsted with ‘a culture of high aspirations embedded across the school’ (Ofsted Report 14th September 2016).
A School Manager is required to work with a small and friendly team to manage a front line, responsive administrative service that actively supports children and young people to receive effective teaching and learning during a difficult period in their lives. The school manager will:
- ensure that the safeguarding, well-being and confidentiality around the circumstances of these children are a priority during their admission to the hospital
- maintain efficient administrative systems to receive, respond and assess details of children and young people admitted to the hospital
- advise on all non-teaching matters as a member of the Senior Management Team and to occasionally represent the school at external meetings
- demonstrate high level communication skills
- have the ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- be both proactive and a team player
The successful applicant will need to be available to work on both school sites, but this post will be primarily based on the Bethlem site.
Visits to the school can be arranged on Tuesday 25th February at 4.30pm. Please email to register your interest.
For an application pack and further details see the school website: https://bethlem-maudsleyschool.org.uk/
Please email completed applications to email@example.com (no CVs)
Closing date: Monday 2nd March 2020 at 12 noon
Interview date: Tuesday 10th March 2020
Post starting date: Monday 20th April 2020
As part of Southwark’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, all employees employed within schools are required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.