Post: Class Teacher
St. George’s School is a small dynamic Church of England primary school in Camberwell with wonderfully behaved children and a strong, supportive team ethos. Due to the relocation of a member of teaching staff, we are looking for a teacher to join our team. Both NQT’s and experienced teachers are invited to apply and we are able to offer some flexibility as to year group. There is also potential for subject leadership of Religious Education.
We are a ‘Good’ school (Ofsted May 2018):
‘Pupils’ attitudes to learning are positive. They engage wholeheartedly in their work.’
‘Staff at the early stage of their career are effusive in their praise for the support they have received. They feel their training has been extremely helpful and say that all staff, including their mentors, are approachable and knowledgeable.’
Are you ready to make a difference - with children who really want to learn?
We can offer:
- Eager, well behaved and dedicated children
- Strong, supportive leadership and an enthusiastic and dynamic staff team
- Small class sizes for focused teaching
- Support from middle leaders
- Excellent and varied CPD opportunities
- Development of innovative and forward-thinking teaching methods
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Has a passion for teaching
- Has high expectations of themselves and the children
- Is a real team player, able to go the extra mile, fully supported by a team that is passionate about enriching the lives of the children within their care
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner with a good understanding of strategies to accelerate and sustain progress
- Has the ability and determination to inspire and motivate children to achieve their best
- Is committed to embracing the ethos of our Christian school
We would normally encourage visits to the school, but at this time this is not possible. Please contact the school if you would like to speak to a member of SLT and we will organise a virtual tour and/or a chat.
For further details and application pack please contact, Mrs Audrey Emakpose, the School Administration Manager.
Tel: 020 7703 4772 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also visit our (new) website: https://www.stgeorgesprimary.school/
Closing date for applications: 12.00pm 26th April 2021
Shortlisting: 28th April 2021
Interviews: W/b 3rd May (virtual/in-person dependent on Government guidelines with Covid-19)
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced disclosure from the criminal records bureau is essential. Two references from recent Headteachers or Senior Leaders and a full document check are also required. Any offer of a job will be subject to all these aspects being fulfilled completely. Any irregularities in this process will result in a withdrawal of the offer.