Start Date: September 2020
Acting Deputy Head - 1 Year Fixed Term Contract Maternity Cover (from September 2020)
We are seeking a senior leader with a passion to inspire teaching and learning in our inclusive Catholic primary school. Responsible for standards, outcomes and the curriculum, this role will also be leading whole school strategy and development. This role is for maternity cover.
St Francis is a 2 form primary, including nursery provision, serving a diverse community. We strive to build confident, ambitious and independent learners. We are proud that our children enjoy high quality, enriched learning with exciting opportunities.
St Francis is a kind and nurturing environment, in which all individuals are valued through our caring, Catholic ethos.
St Francis has much to offer: grow in a supportive environment with lots of internal and external CPD.
The role (will include):
- Reporting directly to the Headteacher
- Formulating the aims and objectives of the whole school and establishing policy
- Being responsible for the standards, outcomes and curriculum of all pupils including progress and attainment towards achievement in Key Stage 2
- Proactively managing staff and resources with full operational oversight for teaching, learning and assessment
- Excellent internal and external CPD opportunities
The person (must have):
- Worked successfully as a senior leader in a primary school.
- Evidence of major whole school responsibilities and experience of turning policy into effective and successful practice.
- Successful leadership of a significant area, or phase, or inclusion, including responsibility for raising standards, with clear evidence of success.
- Experience of analysing data, to evaluate the performance of pupil groups and pupil progress, and plan an appropriate course of action for whole school development
- Experience of supporting, motivating and inspiring colleagues
- Able to demonstrate a background of very strong teaching and very strong leadership
- Strong experience across all Primary phases
It is essential that the potential candidate is a practising Catholic.
Please see the job description for full details.
Conversations with the Head Teacher to explain the role, at this time in the absence of visits, are more than welcome.
Applications can be emailed on request. Interested applicants should submit their applications by email by midday 5th June 2020
Interviews will be 12th June and will be held via Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
St Francis Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school will conduct all necessary safer recruitment checks before employment commences.
This post is subject to pre-employment checks, including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, reference checks, identity and proof of right to work in the UK. St Francis Catholic Primary School is an equal opportunities employer.
Our school is committed to the safeguarding of children; all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Our school is committed to the principle of equal opportunity.